Thursday, January 5, 2012

Journey

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”  (James 1:22).

A large part of accepting God’s word is acting upon the word which we hear. We need to put into practice those things which we profess. Through obedient obedience to the Word of God we find true liberty from sin and its consequences in our lives. (www.bible.org)

In recent weeks, I have been reminded almost daily that partial obedience is not enough. God is not seeking half-hearted saints. He wants believers who have oomph, and mettle, and follow-through.

In place of apathy, He looks for enthusiasm
In place of impassive, He looks for intense.
In place of indifferent, He looks for exuberant and interested.

It’s not enough to be lukewarm or go half-way.  God desires for me to be passionately seeking His heart and will. He wants for me to listen when He speaks and be attentive to every detail. I can’t be a sort of Christian. There is little room for “I guess so” within a true call.

I don’t just want to know Him enough to pass…I want to know Him intimately.
I don’t just want to bear His name… I want to carry out His mission.
I don’t just want to get close enough …I want to get closer still…

I write in full knowledge God is not finished with me yet. I know there is yet work to be done in and through my life. I am learning to more fully embrace the undeniable tension that exists between the already and the not yet.

I am in awe of the One who is the Joy in my journey….and desire continued boldness, eagerness and wildness which results from walking continually with Him. I praise Him for His continued acceptance of me which makes my life with Him even possible.

There is a joy in the journey

There's a light we can love on the way

There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey



No comments:

Post a Comment