Thursday, October 18, 2012

What does it look like for me to take heart and be very brave in my daily life?

Am I faithfully engaging all the gifts which God has entrusted to me? Not unlike people living in days of old, I appreciate and need multiple reminders of God's unchanging presence with me. 

I need reminders not to let my own difficulties and frailties stand in the way of my particular God-appointed calling. Because I belong to God, in Christ, I can know and believe the One who is in me is greater than anyone else in this world (1 John 4:4)  

With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I can faithfully follow the way of the Lord without fear, dismay, or panic. I can trust my all-sufficient Guide to strengthen me, help me, and cause me to stand. 

I can trust that as God commands and sends me, He will also equip me. He will make straight the path which lies before me. I don't need to worry, fret, stew. or spend time trying to work out things on my own. 

I can know God is faithful and He will bring events and circumstances to pass as I trust in Him. As I am in relationship with the Lord and seeking to obey Him, He will reveal Himself and His will to me. 

I can listen to God, meditate on His word, and seek to practically apply the truths I am learning to the ins and outs of wherever I am being led. I don't need to brood, fume, or put my mind to spinning unnecessary schemes   When I am tempted to give in to discouragement, doubt, or unbelief (realities of this world), I can turn instead to the Savior (reality of the believer). .In being close to Him, I will find that which I need for comfort, wisdom, strength, endurance, true prosperity, and solid confidence.




No comments:

Post a Comment