Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Humble


The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what He does for us, not by what we are and what we do for Him.” (The Message)

Using God and His ways as my measuring stick is a great way for me to pursue and practice humility. I need to return to Him and enter in over and over again. With so many things, I wrestle long and hard before letting go.

In grace, God not only reminds me of who I am with His help; He shows me how much room I have yet to grow. How wise and pertinent it is for me to remember that growth seldom happens all at once! Human physical development is a process, Human spiritual and emotional development is a process too!

In the routine of life, some seasons will be exciting and fruitful while other seasons will be more predictable and mundane. Sometimes I will see God at work in marvelous and expansive ways; other times, I will have to trust He is at work in the midst of the unseen and possibly inconceivable. It is humbling for me to admit when I don’t understand, but perhaps that is exactly where God wants me. He wants me humble.

He wants me to praise Him anyway.
He invites me into relationship regardless
Though I am weak, He remains strong.
Ours is not a partnership of equals.

Our is bond made real by His sacrifice
Ours is a bond dependent upon His power to transform, redeem, and re-create.
Ours is a bond of Just as I Am, Without One Plea
Ours is a bond of “Hallelujah, What a Savior!”

The hope that sustains me in the process of being His is this:

“Living, He loved me; dying, He saved me;
Buried, He carried my sins far away;
Rising, He justified freely, forever:
One day He's coming—O, glorious day!”

No comments:

Post a Comment