Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Boldness

“I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right.” (Isaiah 45:19)

I praise the Lord today for His otherness. I thank Him for all the things which set Him apart from everything else I might be tempted to worship or run after.

I thank Him today for His bold promises. I thank Him for the beauty of creation and the continued message of the cross. How glad I am that He doesn’t just speak in secret and mumble under His breath. His is a voice of proclamation, not a voice of obscurities and hidden or unknown intent.

He wants to be found by His people. What a comfort and encouragement is this! He encourages people to seek Him while He may be found and call upon Him while He is near. He doesn’t ask people to seek Him in vain. He doesn’t desire for them to end with nothing in places of nothingness. He is a God who is trustworthy; He is the One who both speaks and embodies Truth.

He is a God of order who is Sovereign over the created order.
He is the One who brought light out of darkness
He doesn’t desire chaos and formlessness; He desires to fashion, mold, and shape.
He is a God of righteousness and justice.
His word is truth and His declarations are upright.

I desire that I would follow this God of boldness boldly and listen as He openly declares His purposes and salvation.

As He communicates with His people, I endeavor to listen, obey, and be led by Him…
Praise Him as the Almighty Keeper of bold and enduring promises!


No comments:

Post a Comment