Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Truth

“Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” (James 1:16-17)

Every good thing bestowed and every gift given has its source in God. This does not include temptation to sin. There is no variation in God’s dealings with His creatures. God does everything for His own glory and His creatures’ good (www.bible.org).

One of my sister-in-law’s does wall hangings and wall art for people’s homes. I should have her write out that winning phrase for me on a wall hanging so that I can place it where I will see it everyday: God does everything for His own glory and for His creatures’ good.

This is one of those phrase reminders I need on the days when I feel I am merely plodding along and the finish line seems yet far off. God doesn’t change, but my human experience of Him does. I need to be reminded He sends good and perfect gifts. I need to receive frequent warnings from the Word of God so that I am not easily led astray or turned away from what I know to be good, true, and righteous.

I know many truths about God in my head.

As times passes, I hope the many truths in my head become the many truths which are lived out in my heart and life.

I have long yearned to be a person of integrity.

If I am going to be a person that models my life after the Way, the Truth, and the Life, I need His truth daily in my head and daily in my heart.

I also need His truth daily in front of my nose.

Thank You, Sovereign Lord, for Your precious, Holy Word. I pray today for those who do not yet have access to Your truth in their heart language. Help them not to be led astray by their own deceptions and vain human philosophies. Enable me to trust You as the Giver of every good and perfect gift. May I not take all the good things You bless me with for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment