Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Daily Mercy; Daily Life



Lord, what does it look like for me to become increasingly more holy?

I don’t want to settle….I do not want to pursue something just because it’s allowable, comfortable, or convenient by a standard less or other than Yours.

Enable me to fix my attention on You daily so I that I might be able to discern well what Your purpose, will, and intention for me is. True change is both a lifelong process and continual decision in order that You might bring about well-formed maturity in me (adapted from www.bible.org).

In order for me to worship well, I must be able to consistently present my life before You in sacrificial service.

According to Your mercy, help me to diligently attend to the particular calling You have set forth for me. Make me keenly aware of the prompting of Your Spirit toward duty, obedience, and joyful giving (Matthew Henry).

According to Your mercy, help me to willingly suffer for the sake of Your name as I am called to do so. May I yield more and more of myself to life in Christ,so that I can be used for You as an instrument of righteousness within a hurting and sin-sick world.

Holiness, brokenness, and sacrifice are attributes of Christ-like life which I do not desire and cannot attain to on my own.

In Your mercy and compassionate love toward me, You maintain my body, grant me dignity, and allow me to be changed from the inside out (adapted from Matthew Henry).

Living for You is living out a renewed heart and mind. It is seeking after Your rules, principles, purposes, and designs so that in the end, I might be as You have ever- intended me to be and You might get the glory.

Let it be so because of who You are.


  





No comments:

Post a Comment