Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Storms




Lord, I praise You today for a time to laugh and a time to cry…

I praise you for a time to grieve and a time to dance.

I confess that I don’t understand it all; I can’t fathom what You deem appropriate for when in our lives.

I know that while I go out in the sunshine and swim this afternoon, others will be coping with the gloom and sadness brought about by sudden loss.

Be with those who are attempting to worship in the middle of a storm. Be with those who can’t get a grip during a change in circumstances. Thank You for the grace of lament and the presence of seasons in our lives. Thank You for comfort when explanations fail.

Sometimes it seems easy to exalt You God, and sometimes it is so very difficult.

I pray for those who say “Amen” and find it still raining…allow them to trust in You and confide in You, knowing that You are acquainted with pain, anguish, and suffering.

Help us not to shun our afflictions or pretend like they don’t matter when they do.

Grant us wisdom in dealing with our neighbors; may we, by Your grace, walk with them in a way that honors both them and You.  

“Brother, let me be your servant.
Let me be as Christ to you.
Pray that I might have the grace
To let you be my servant, too.

I will weep when you are weeping.
When you laugh, I'll laugh with you
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.”

No comments:

Post a Comment