Saturday, February 2, 2013

Splendid


From Amie's Desk

Lord, right now I want to thank You for the song, How Great Thou Art. You have used it to minister to me in the past; today, you used it to minister to me again. Thank You, Lord, for always calling the focus back to You. Thank You, Lord, for not leaving us alone. Lord, our service to You here on earth is just a foretaste of all that is coming ahead. Strengthen our hearts; prepare us to meet you, whenever our turn arises. Help us to remember You are coming soon and this life is about a lot more than just accumulation of stuff...stuff and nonsense.

I want to celebrate Your coming even now; Maranatha...our Lord is coming.  Help me to look forward to seeing You and sharing in Your forever presence. Help me to remember that when I die to this world, I will have only begun to really live. 


The third verse of How Great Thou Art  is wonderful because it mentions all that God does for us through giving us salvation in Christ. God did not spare His own Son, but He willingly gave Him up for us all. Christ has been our burden-bearer so that we can experience love relationship again with the Father. We no longer struggle against the penalty of death because we know the Gracious Lord of Life.


The final verse of How Great Thou Art is wonderful because it mentions the joy and freedom of completed worship. I fumble a lot in worship here, but I'm not gonna fumble once I'm there:


When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home- what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim, my God, how great thou art!


I'm gonna bow...

I'm gonna bow...perhaps on my hands and knees....perhaps with my face to the floor...I could cry just thinking about it...

Bowing...
Humble adoration
Proclaiming
How great it will be...
How gracious and majestic and great Thou art...

Great...indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment