Thursday, February 21, 2013

Learning Together

From Amie's Desk


Dear Friends and Loved Ones,

Today I am writing in support of the miraculous power of prayer. Today I am writing in support of precious Sadie Mae and those who love her. They are ordinary people called to an extraordinary task and so far, by the grace of God, they are doing fantastic work. In this past year, my family and I have added another branch to Sadie's prayer tree by committing to pray for her and her family on a regular basis. I can pray for Sadie on a regular basis because so many people have prayed for me on a regular basis. On our own, we fall short and even fall flat, but with God's help and by His providence, together we can accomplish great things! We give Sadie (and her siblings) a place to grow, serve, and belong; in turn, Sadie and her siblings continue to teach us what it looks like to grow, serve, and belong. 

The path of blessing is a two-way street and sometimes it takes a long while to get things figured out. We never really get things squared away because human life is a dynamic process where the variables are always changing and being modified. The process of change commits us to being life-long learners and disciples, but that is a good thing. As we learn and grow, mature and change, we hopefully recognize more and more our tremendous need for Christ and His grace. He is the vine and we are His branches. As we abide in Him, the harvest will come and we will bear much fruit.

I write today in the confident hope the best is yet ahead for Sadie and her family. God has gifts for them and for each of us that will be unwrapped as we loyally wait upon Him. Sadie is a gift and I can't wait to see the gifts that God will choose to unwrap through her and in her as her story and journey unfolds. She is a marvel and masterpiece and He has plans for her which are yet to be unveiled.

As I think about Sadie and other people with disabilities I know, I am encouraged to forgo shortsightedness. God has plans for people that go far beyond what we can see or imagine in any given moment and He beckons us to keep believing in spite of potholes and pressures, tensions and tiredness. He is faithful beyond everyday stresses though sometimes we have difficulty distinguishing light amid fog.

I believe prayers prayed for me long ago are yet being answered in my life right now. He is using me as His humble work of art! I pray believing for Sadie as God paints into her life, and I invite you to join me.

We've come this far by faith...yet we've only just begun...
Pass it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment