Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shadows and Someday...

From Amie's Desk

The dream ends. I awaken quite suddenly to the semi-dark. My eyes are away from clock. The glow from the night-light sets a shadow on the ceiling.

It's okay.
Take a deep breath
Take another deep breath.
Again.
Talk to God.
Do it aloud if it helps.

Father, 

I don't mean to be scared, but I know I have fears. I know some of them are re-occurring ones. 

I don't do hurry very well. And "to the dot" makes me nervous. I'm thankful that when I get to heaven I won't feel pressured by time. I don't understand eternity, but I am grateful for something beyond time.I'm grateful for something beyond stress. I won't feel the inner pressure of  "come on...come on....come on...we've got to go..." I won't be thinking about the three more things which must be done before I can walk out the door and feel good about myself. I will be in Your presence. I will be free to be me and all will be well. Forever. Without fear, and with liberty.

I am thankful that when I get to heaven I won't have the anxiety of fitting in and keeping up. I won't have to worry about being left behind or left out.  I won't have to talk about inclusion because I've been included. I won't have to try and prove myself because I've already been approved. I will have made it, crossed the finish line. Finalmente.

Thank You, God, for the gift of Your Son. Thank You for redemption. Thank You for hearing me. Thank You for bearing with me. Thank You for being there. You hold my dreams. You discern my thoughts from afar...the good, the bad, and the ugly. In  You, I can be secure. 

You know the dark. 
You know the semi-dark. 
You know the shadows.
You know the light.

You are the Light of Life who shines on in the darkness and the darkness can never overcome You. (John 1:5)   

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment