Monday, January 14, 2013

Straight Talk

 
From Amie's Desk

The new electric toothbrush I got for Christmas takes some getting used to. I take a damp cloth from the container this morning and I swipe at the toothpaste smudges on the mirror. A question comes into my head: God, what is Your will for me today?  I pause as I wonder if I'm making the situation with the mirror better or worse. The answer comes back clear: Amie, My will for you today, is right under your nose. Don't make things complicated when they don't have to be. 

I need you to love the people I put in your life-path. Speak kindly to Mom, Dad, and Lance today. Keep learning to appreciate them where they are for who they are. Lance will only be little for so long, and you should not take your parents for granted. This life is short and I designed it to be a training ground for the next one. Relationships are important so do your best to put them first, right after Me. 

I need you to diligently pursue the projects I assign to You as a means of loving Me and loving others. 
Use the gifts I have given You to glorify Me and make Me look great through You. Plan and prioritize well, so that My name may be praised, My grace may be plain, and My love may be revealed again. I am a great and mighty God and I can do great and marvelous things through a yielded and willing life. Don't waste your time coveting other people's lives while you should be living your own. No one else has the gifts you have; no one else has your unique calling and circumstances. You are adequate in Me, and by grace, I can make You excellent. Even the smallest tasks can magnify Me as you focus on Me rather than pitying yourself or pleasing someone else. 

I give you people, I give you projects, I give you peace. I need you to love Me right here, right now, with right what you have. Be not greedy or covetous; instead, strive to be wise and content. Go about your day, each day, and know with certainty, you are enabled to love others because I loved you first. You are enabled to live before others because I live in you and enable My life to be known through you. I give you gumption, I give you grace, please employ your mouth and your moments to seek My kingdom, in My power, for My eternal honor and My forever glory. I know you better than you know yourself; I see you beyond the bathroom mirror.

"Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee."





No comments:

Post a Comment