Friday, March 8, 2013

We have it.


From Amie's Desk

I was lying in bed very early this morning when a verse came into my head I've never really considered before. 

I looked up the verse reference on my computer several hours later and sat back in my chair, mystified: 

"With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall." (Psalm 18:29)

Weirdest verse reference from out of nowhere I've ever received in my life. I guess I will really have to trust God on this one because He knows I cannot even climb a flight of stairs without assistance. I have zero military intelligence and no tactical finesse. My sense of direction is just awful, and I don't consider myself skilled at overcoming physical barriers. I have needed help all my life and perhaps this verse is one of many ways God is reminding me I  already have it. He has it. Together, we have it. 

When I go forward in His strength, I won't somehow be duped. I won't be disappointed. He will not let me down even if others take up against me. He will make a way for me to do all the things He calls me to. He will give me provision, guidance, peace, and sustaining grace. He is not a God who delights in creating obstacles and barriers; He is a God who delights in removing them.

By His grace, He will keep providing friends to help me in my journey.
By His grace, He will keep me from feeling alone even when I am.
By His grace, He will hold me when I am weary.
By His grace, He will give me whatever I need whenever the enemy draws close with his taunts, claims, and lies.

The God who has kept me on crutches, moving forward, all these years is able to help me handle whatever comes my way in days ahead. He possesses knowledge, strength, and ability I do not.

He can help me advance against troops and leap over walls (like the psalmist) if He has to...By His grace, I hope He never does...

No comments:

Post a Comment