Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Gift of Balance


From Amie's Desk

This past week, I went to Bible Study with the older women again; they are such treasures to me! One dear lady came up to me after the lesson to tell me she was praying for me. 

She said:  "My balance isn't good. I've been having difficulties with my legs again. This makes me think of you. When I think of you, I'm reminded to pray."

It's not necessarily what I would choose friends, but it's what God uses. When we begin to struggle ourselves, we become more aware of others who may be struggling around us. 

If a person's struggles with balance cause her to think of me, praise God! I need all the prayer I can get!

If my faithfully showing up at Bible study causes one person to gaze more deeply upon the One who faithfully walks with me, praise His name!

He is exalted when we remember Him...

He is exalted when we remember each other...

Problems with physical balance aside, we all need Him every single day... whether we admit it or not. We are weak, but He is strong. 

May the Lord be exalted in my life, whatever it takes.

May the Lord be exalted in  the lives of the women I reach out to, whatever it takes...

May we continue to bless each other and speak encouragement into each others lives, whatever it takes...

He is faithful and He can use us for His purposes to be His instruments...whether we have good balance or not...

May He get glory and may others see Him while they are keeping company with us...

This is my hope and prayer.
Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment