Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Grace


“He chose to give birth to us by giving us His true word. And we, out of all creation, became His prized possession.” (James 1:18)

Here is the good news which will help keep me faithful to Christ in spite of my trials, temptations, doubts, and inherent sinfulness.

The Father has made me His prized possession in Jesus Christ and He wills that I would live in recognition of the new life and acclaimed status which His grace affords me.

The life and status I have gained in Christ has not been issued to me so that I might become prideful. The heart of the Christian life is not pride; the heart of the Christian life is grace, gratitude, and glory. I was guilty; God was gracious. I am grateful; He is glorified.

Guilty
Gracious
Grateful
Glorified

No more words are needed…just a life which humbly, willingly, faithfully, and authentically, backs them up….

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
is laid for your faith in His excellent word!
What more can he say than to you He hath said,
to you that for refuge to Jesus have fled?

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
my grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply;
the flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

I have been given a firm foundation indeed! My prayer now is that I will live up to what I have already attained and continue to build my relationship with Jesus week by week, day by day, and even moment by moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment