Saturday, December 24, 2011

Laughter



I’m really glad I had a few minutes to just let go and laugh yesterday. Laughter is a good way to cast my daily burdens aside, even if I have to pick them up again later. This earthly life will never be without its burdens in some way, shape, or form; in the middle of our burden bearing, I vote we leave plenty of time for life, love, laughter, and the gifts we have which don’t need wrapping paper.

As long as I’m not laughing in a way which brings pain or causes hurt to someone else, I treasure moments when I am free enough to really laugh at some of the absurdities I notice around and within me. I appreciate the people in my life who have laughed along with me over some things which are truly funny; I appreciate the people in my life who have laughed with me over things which are not funny outside of a given event or moment in time. I’m grateful for both “had to be there” moments and timeless memories which will stir a chuckle at every retelling.

In all the hustle and bustle of our society, amidst all the serious and often scary events of our changing yet unchanging world, I wish you quiet moments in which you can pause, reflect, pray, and meditate. I also wish you some great moments of laughter in which you are free to celebrate, be light-hearted, and just let loose in the company of those who will love you regardless. Not every moment in life is necessarily full of profound meaning and reason; there is also space for the release which comes through finding humor and joy in the middle of the mundane, stressful, and ordinary.

There is a time for every purpose under heaven…

No comments:

Post a Comment