Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Beyond


Am I ready to accept God's plans for me even when God's plans for me include the unexpected? 


What does it look like for me to be willing come what might?


Am I accessible, available, and approachable when God chooses to call my name or appoint me for specific service? 


What does it look like for me to be useful in kingdom service and  truly purposeful in serving others for God's glory?


I want to be open to God's call and will even if it does not appear when I think it should.
I want to be open to God's call and will even if it does not appear what I think it should.
I want to be open to God's call and will even when things don't turn out how I think they should


When it comes to dealing with the surprising, startling, unpredictable, and unforeseen, I admit I still have some work to do. I tend to get impatient if circumstances don't move steadily in the direction I anticipated they would. I need to be reminded the plans are not mine, but His. I need to know once again the timetable is not mine, but His.


The results are His. 
The kingdom is His.
The praise is His.
The honor is His


How much of me is really His? How much of my life is defined by knowing and revealing Him? How well do I know Him so that I can aptly make Him known? What fears and motives of mine are yet standing are yet keeping others from glimpsing Him in my life?


Woe is me if I spend my days looking to me as the goal of what gets done and accomplished and lived out. 


It's not good enough...With the help of the Spirit who reveals I want to go beyond... I want trust more fully and believe the impossible...

No comments:

Post a Comment