Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Still....Exalted



All week long, I have attempted to comprehend the ocean of God's wisdom using my Coke-can brain. From my limited perspective, my efforts have not been very successful. Perhaps the things which are truly successful in this life are the things which propel us more and more toward intimacy with Him. 


There are so many times I must admit I don't know.
There are are so many situations in which I just don't get it.
There are so many instances in life which really don't make sense.


I often feel like I'm grasping at straws, looking for little rays of hope in shadowy places, but God is sovereign.


He is still in control.


He's still got the whole world in His hands.


He's still watching over me in such a way that He numbers the hairs on my head.


He's still unfolding His purposes in my life...


He's still working things out for my friends and family members.


He's still demonstrating His grace and aiming at His glory


In the middle of my muddle and finite measuring system, His voice is still heard:


Amie....


Child...


Beloved...


"Stop trying to figure everything out!"


"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10).


May He be exalted in my life today...


May He be exalted by those I love today...


Come what might, into my Coke-can brain and singular life, may He be exalted...


still.

No comments:

Post a Comment