Friday, November 15, 2013

I need help...

From Amie's Desk...


In this, the dawn of  my quitting season, I have come to realize what a worrywart I  really am. It's past time to quit all the worry and just breathe some more. I've got to give up the notion that life is somehow passing me by if I am not engaged in every single moment. Staying engaged (consciously or unconsciously) without hitting the pause button is exhausting. I hate having my mind whirl about at a hundred miles an hour while my body is trying to relax and get calm. Sleepless nights and agitated days...I so want to kiss you goodbye...goodbye...goodbye...

I am weary of trying to keep up with the crowd...even when I can't pinpoint exactly who the crowd is....I want fit in well enough to not stand out or I want to be willing to stand out even though I don't fit in... As I write this, I wonder what is so wrong with not fitting in? What is so wrong with just being who I am?

Jesus was not always warmly accepted by those He came to save. Far from it.
Jesus was not always well-understood by those He tried to minister among.. Far from it.
He once asked a disciple how a person could be with Him for so long and still not know who He was. Could it be that often we miss important traits and things about people because we are looking for them to be something different than who or what they are? In our ignorance, we are sometimes guided by assumptions. and perceptions which miss the mark completely. 

Lord, in this season of my life, I want to know You more. Help me to truly turn my eyes upon You.

Help my relationships with others to be guided and informed by the relationship I have with You.

Help me not to miss what is important because I get bogged down by details which are not. 

Help me to get past my own assumptions and perceptions so that I may truly see people and circumstances the way that You see them.

Help me to get priorities straight so that I can engage when I need to and let go when things will have no significance to my life in You.

I need a lot of help.




No comments:

Post a Comment