Friday, November 8, 2013

Just Quit...

From Amie's Desk...



It's 4:00 am and I turn my head on the pillow. One hand reaches up to knead the cramped muscles in the back of my neck. So tight. I'm carrying around my tension in the hours before dawn while I should be yet asleep. I've got no words. I don't know if I am empty or too full so I lie still and breathe in the dark. One breath...a second...a third...more...

Just breathing and silent...kneading and needy.

Two words come into my mind or are spoken to my soul; in the dark, by myself, a message so clear:

Just Quit.
Just Quit.

Quit trying so hard. 
Quit trying to measure up.
Quit worrying so much about others....what they think and what they do.
Quit trying to earn approval.
Quit trying to iron out ability and disability

The dailies have wrinkles.
What you think matters, might not matter very much.

There is more to life than achievements...There is more than accolades...There is more than human acceptance, loyalty, and pats on the back...

It's time. 
Be done
Let go.

You're almost forty years old. You've tried and you're tired.

Live free! 
It is for freedom that you've been set free...

Right now...
Relax
Step away...from thoughts and feelings and perceptions which imprison

Take care not to care so much...

Just Quit.








No comments:

Post a Comment