Saturday, November 23, 2013

To do lists and to don't lists?

From Amie's Desk...



At one point during this week of my personal quitting season, I was standing in the hallway chatting with a co-worker friend. Our conversation lasted all of five minutes as we expressed our thoughts and then went our separate directions. I am grateful for this momentary pause on an ordinary day because it reminded me to consider what truly matters. 

What truly matters is not having all the details down-pat..
What truly matters is not the paperwork I fill out in an attempt to secure A, B, C deal
What truly matters is not what specific day I complete X, Y, Z project

I don't remember anything about high-school geometry
I don't remember many of the grades I earned in my seminary courses
I don't know or care how many people logged on to Facebook this past Tuesday.

I suppose projects and assignments are a part of doing God's will...but people are a much more important part.

Relationships matter.
My relationship with God matters.
My relationship with others matters.
My family matters. 
My friends matter.
People who may pass through  this life without knowing the hope which only Jesus gives matter
People who may never know the joy and freedom of salvation unless we tell them matter.

Who I spend my time with and what I choose to share with them matters..

Do the people within my sphere of influence know how much they matter to me? How can they tell?
Do the people within my sphere of influence know how much they matter to Jesus? How can they tell?

"Come nowyou who say“Today or tomorrow we will go into this or that town and spend a year there and do business and make a profit.”  You do not know about tomorrowWhat is your life like? " 

Within the entire scheme of earthly life and eternity...we need to have chats with co-worker friends. We need to spur each other on toward love and good deeds...we need to consider what truly matters, what does not, and align our God-given priorities accordingly as we make out our agendas and to-do lists...






No comments:

Post a Comment