Saturday, July 14, 2012

Courtesy



Lord, thank You for reminding me small courtesies still matter…



Things I might otherwise pass off as inconsequential perhaps are not so inconsequential. Attending to little details with friends and neighbors may help build relationships rather than leaving them lie.

Kind words and compliments are still important.

Brief visits and hugs are important too.

Sincere words of apology or explanation are worth a mint especially if a person is not anticipating them to come.

Earnest love and appreciation cover over a multitude of sins.

In 1 Peter 4: 9, the Scriptures ask us to show hospitality toward others without grumbling or grudging. As possible, believers are to go beyond what is conventional in seeking to assist those around them.

Forgive me, Lord, for the times this week I have let little things slip by; I have failed to serve You and others as I ought.

I have made excuses for my lack of attention.
I have blamed my poor attitude on various negligible things which are quite insignificant within the whole scheme of life.

I have said things better left unsaid.
I have done things better left undone.

I need cleansing grace and a renewed outlook.

Thank You for all the ways You speak. Thank You for the hands You use to knock firmly on my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment