Monday, July 23, 2012

His Strength, Not Mine




Anyway…

I’ll praise Your Name, Lord

And sing Your song.

I’ll praise Your Name, Lord

My whole life long;

I’ll praise Your Name, Lord

Until I’m home,

I’ll praise Your Name, Lord,

And sing Your song.

Lord, will You show Your presence strong even on the days I don’t feel like praising You? Will You guide my hands, my feet, my tongue, my words?  Will you give me grace and patience for all the little routine tasks which frustrate me?

Sometimes I feel drained, Lord; Sometimes, I’m distracted.  Sometimes I don’t feel like being nice and my song is hidden somewhere where it can’t be easily reached.  I want a break from being Amie, and I struggle much with being envious.  I dislike shoes which fall off, and sand which is hard to walk through, and dogs who ignore me when I call their names.

Thank You, Lord, that Your song is so much greater than mine, Thank You for the renewal of hope which appears with each new sunrise.

Thank You, Lord that until I’m home happens Day by day and with each passing moment.

Thank You Lord, for giving me space to be real with You. You know the attitudes, actions, and motives of my heart anyway…

No comments:

Post a Comment