Friday, July 6, 2012

Unreservedly


Lord, I want to want what You want…

Show me what it means that You’re my God; may I never stray far from the learning curve.

Teach me what it looks like to love You with all I've got!

You desire to be loved wholeheartedly, passionately, and unreservedly. You desire for me to commit my entire self to You in loving obedience. You ask for my commitment and allegiance with all that I am and hope to be. There is no room for half-heartedness or a divided soul in my relationship with You.  You appear to be an all or nothing God who requires of me an all or nothing response. Truly serving You well does not equate with a part-time job.

 ”It is better to have one fountain than a thousand cisterns, one all-sufficient God than a thousand insufficient ones.” (Matthew Henry)

You desire a fervent, sincere, truthful love which adds up to more than just lukewarm affection and lip service.

You desire for me to love You more than what I might love any other person, creature,  task, calling, or idea. Nothing or no one is to come before You if I am recognizing You to really be my all in all.

Lord, I confess before You that the nature of all-consuming love is difficult for  me to comprehend; I confess that without Your grace, I cannot attain to the kind of love You’re looking for in me and from me.

I honestly and humbly repent of the cheap love and worship substitutes I have attempted to offer You in the past.

I cry to You for help in wanting more of what You want for me….

Lord, would You meet with me and make me even more willing to meet with You and seek You for all You are? 





No comments:

Post a Comment