Monday, July 2, 2012

A Learner



Lord, I want to learn from You….

Jesus, I want to become like You.

Help me to turn away from service to the world and the flesh. Thank You for not being like other teachers who would seek to weigh down their students with all kinds of excessive rules, burdens and regulations.

I desire to share in the grace which knowing You brings. I want to pay attention.

Help me to walk with You and keep pace with the rhythms You design or allow in my life.
Help me to work with You and not complain about the tasks You may call me to endure.

Help me to be obedient in my actions as You reveal Yourself and Your will to me.
Make me mindful of sharing with others that which You have already shared with me.

Teach me to follow the example of Your humility and seek assistance from You and others when I need it. 

Teach me too, how to best assist You and others as I carry out the assignments You call me toward in bearing Your name.

Lord, I want to be more holy not only in my heart, but in my everyday routine. The words integrity and wholeness mean something to me even if they are not well understood by my surrounding culture in this day and age.

I seek to grow in ways which will bring much joy to Your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment