Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Where I Am...



Lord, where is the balance between competency and humility?

I have been reminded again and again lately of the verses which state that You made Yourself of no reputation in order that You might serve humankind. I want to live a life which resembles Yours in every respect, but so often I let pride get in the way.

Please continue teaching me what it looks like to do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.

Both pride and vainglory are destructive to Christian love; they kindle within us unchristian heats and passions (Matthew Henry).

Help me to be quick in recognizing my own defects and infirmities; help me also to be quick in making allowances for the defects and infirmities of others.

Help me not to entertain selfish thoughts and motivations, but to seek prosperity for others as readily as I would seek it for myself. I own that still have work to do in this area; I submit myself once more to You because I am hopeless in looking out well  for my neighbor through my own strength and will. My thoughts run so often to me even if I am restrained in my deeds and actions.

Lord, I ask that You would make me more servant-hearted and truly compassionate; Enable me by Your leading to keep serving others even when service seems inconvenient and my personal satisfaction level is low. Be present with me to monitor my attitude when I am called to engage in tasks I may not like or enjoy (Constable).

I cannot be victorious unless You are present in my rumbo diario.

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.

May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.”

No comments:

Post a Comment